- Sort By:
No holidays can be found, please adjust your filtering criteria or select reset to see all holidays to this destination
Both the name and the interior design of this modern expedition ship are inspired by the spectacular Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis).
The art, décor and colours employed aboard this ship are all inspired by the northern lights. The delicate aesthetic creates a distinct and unique on-board ambience. Passengers are invited to relax after a long day experiencing Hurtigruten´s various excursions and activities in comfy reclining chairs in the one of the ship's lounges.
Refurbishment in 2019
In May 2019 MS Nordlys was refurbished. All cabins got a makeover, while new cabin grades were added. The upgrade saw a number of new features being added to the ship:
- All staterooms and suites are fully upgraded to match Hurtigruten's new standards. On deck 6, a number of cabins were merged into larger suites, some with large bay windows and spectacular views.
- In addition to a full makeover, the aft-facing Torget main restaurant has large deck-to-ceiling windows.
- The brand-new Activity Center will act as the on-board headquarter for Hurtigruten's Expedition Team.
- Kysten Fine Dining - serving innovative dishes based on high quality, local produce such as ultra-fresh seafood - is slightly different from other Hurtigruten ships, and also be open for a la carte lunch.
- The gym on deck 7 is bigger, the sauna upgraded and two aft-facing outdoor hot tubs are added.
- Two new lecture halls have been added on deck 4, together with the open Kompass information and shopping area, where guests can enjoy exclusive offers on outdoor clothing and other items.
- On deck 7, the informal and hugely popular Hurtigruten venue Multe Bakery is now open- serving freshly baked cakes and pastries, smørbrød (open sandwiches with generous amounts of topping), smoothies, a large assortment of local ice cream with homemade toppings, premium coffee, organic herbal tea, and premium juice.
- The forward-facing Explorer Lounge and Panorama Bar offer a unique atmosphere and the best views on the ship - with front-row seats for enjoying the Northern Lights, Midnight Sun, wildlife and nature as it passes by.
Hurtigruten ships are working vessels operating a regular service to a set timetable. The ships carry goods, vehicles and passengers between ports, by night and day, as an integral part of Norwegian daily life. The ships are calling at ports around the clock. You may expect some noise and vibration in a few cabins during loading of goods. This varies depending on the location of your cabin and the type of ship. Also, noise affects people differently and what may be a problem for one person may not be a problem for another. Please ask the reservation team for advice on the best cabin location for you.
Visiting 34 ports, Hurtigruten have an exceptional opportunity to get fresh produce from local suppliers everyday. This means delicious new and fresh ingredients, both from coastal and inland areas.
Based on the seasons best ingredients, the chefs create either three-course dinners or lavish buffets. Being a coastal voyage, seafood dominates the menu, accompanied with fresh vegetables and delicately flavoured sauces. Each dinner ends with traditional desserts, like home-made cakes, puddings, berries or sorbet. Breakfast and lunch is served buffet style, while dinner is a set dinner.
Enjoy a lecture on the ship's deck or in one of the conference rooms and learn something new.
The emphasis onboard is on relaxation and discovery, and not the commercial entertainment that is so often a part of conventional cruises. Hertigruten's aim is to get you closer to unique environments and to allow you to share the experience with your fellow travellers. Occasionally there may be some musical entertainment onboard in the evenings.
Keep yourself feeling fresh and active in the Fitness Room or sweating away the day in the sauna.
There is a playroom available for children.
It is not common practice to tip on Hurtigruten ships on the coastal voyage, but if you feel that crew members should be rewarded for providing exceptional service, tip boxes are placed in the restaurant together with envelopes.
Book with Confidence. Bonded by the Association of British Travel Agents (ABTA) and by the Civil Aviation Authority's Air Travel Organisers Licensing (ATOL) scheme, you can look forward to your next adventure with the peace of mind that your money is financially protected in the event of unforeseen circumstances. Check our ABTA membership
For your financial protection and to reassure you of our operating standard we are full members of CLIA (Cruise Lines International Association), ABTA (The Association of British Travel Agents) and act as agents for ATOL holders. Please be aware that GoCruise & Travel are acting solely as your booking agent, subject to which all bookings are accepted.
Any travel or destination is copyright of its respective owners. Fred. Olsen Travel trading as GoCruise & Travel are not responsible for 3rd party content. Destination and travel advice is subject to change and inaccuracies.
© Copyright 2020 GoCruise & Travel and Fred. Olsen Travel
Registered in England and Wales No. 02287241. 2nd Floor, 36 Broadway, London, SW1H 0BH